Just wanted to give you all a quick update before we called it a night.
Jameson was about the same today. He is still on the ventilator and they have not been able to reduce the help it's giving. Actually they had to increase it's help yesterday and today. He is still in what I call a "drug induced coma-like state" (not sure what the doctors would actually call it). He hasn't opened his eyes since Thursday. They do this so his body will rest. He is still very swollen from the drugs and fluids and it may take up to a week to for his body to return to it's normal size. The doctors hinted today that we will most likely be in the hospital for at least another week if not more. Tests showed today that he does have MRSA and they are treating that with antibiotics through his central line. We are waiting to see if it's blood born or just topical. He is still in critical condition!
One of the hardest things about this is not being able to hold him. Since he has so many machines hooked up to him we are not able to move him at all for obvious reasons. It's so sad to see him just laying there motionless.
Please pray that as the doctors slowly reduce Jameson's dependence on the ventilator and drugs that he will respond positively and not go into shock which causes his heart rate to sky rocket and his breathing to rapidly increase. His body needs to be strong enough to handle the reduction and at this point it's not.